Marksmen Snipers Coalition Home Page Search Members Help Calendar
Welcome Guest .:: Log In :: Register ::. .:: Resend Validation Email  

Goal met for the month of October! (Thank you!)
100%100%100%
0% 50% 100%

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> READ HERE ABOUT CONTINUING MSCWARS!!!!!!! ######

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member
Group: Forum Admin
Member No.: 3

Posted: Jun 2 2002, 02:10 PM    
I am looking into continuing MSCWARS on a pay site (thank you lysis for info!).. This does not necessairly mean people will have to pay to play on MSCWARS or to keep it alive.. The costs should be managible to take on myself for up to 8 player dedicated server... you can try pinging the site to see what your pings would be at 64.55.196.1

MSCWARS would continue under the same name and exactly the same mods, structure, sniper only..

I hope to implement this soon!

PM Users Website Yahoo MSN   Top

Royal Tenenbaum RT

Soldier
Group: EZBoard Member
Member No.: 57

Posted: Jun 2 2002, 04:08 PM    
Sounds great, X.
My ping's even a little better than before.

Thanks a lot, and I'd still be glad to chip in if need be.

Hope to be putting bullets into you (and receiving them in startling numbers) soon.

Oh, and count me in for the clan idea if that's still an option.

RT

PM   Top

lysis

Recruit
Member No.: 86

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 01:46 AM    
i heard from a clan that uses that server company that their server is located in Boston, anyway my ping to that ip and to clan servers that use that company is excellent...

PM   Top

Stone

Forum Junkie
Group: Guests
Member No.: 36

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 07:18 AM    
I tried to ping the server and it's not up.......

Sounds great Sniper. You Get the details worked out and see how much it costs..... let me know. Where is this server located?

Sniper....What is your AIM so i can get ahold of you if needed?

PM Email Poster   Top

fisty

Recruit
Member No.: 99

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 08:20 AM    
i havent been able to ping the server yet, but im still in. the other snipe servers are ridden with asshole kids, bah! viva la msc!

PM   Top

HEAD SHOT

God Of Spam
Contributing Member
Group: Clan Admin
Member No.: 23

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 10:04 AM    
I PINGED THE SITE AND GOT A RETURN, SENT A PACKET AND RECEIVED WITH NO LOSS.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS, FROM WHAT I SEE WRITTEN, WE ALL SEEM TO WANT TO CHIP IN OR HELP IF WE CAN.

YES, THANKYOU LYSIS FOR YOUR INPUT TO SNIPER,
GOOD GOING.
IT WOULD BE GREAT TO PLAY AGAIN.

THANK YOU SNIPER FOR WANTING TO CONTINUE.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON.

user posted image

PM Email Poster   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 12:55 PM    
I am close to continuing the MSCWARS on a game hosting site. I am looking at buying a site that will cost aprox 40$ a month for 8 players with very good bandwidth/pings. I will be purchasing public hosting for MOH snipers only DM. FIRST AND FOREMOST EVERYONE CAN PLAY FOR FREE. I will also offer the following (pay) service to anyone who chooses to partake.

1)I am not, will not ever profit or even break even off of MSCWARS and will always be the largest financial contributor. I will not take over 25$ per month total contributions.

2) 5$ per person up to 5 people (25$ ceiling).. No sign ups will be taken beyond 25$.. Likewise no more then 5 people can sign up at a time. Payment can be taken in form of pay pall, or check. (pay pall is super easy !)

3) 5$ gets you.. Rcon ability to kick people when server is full so that you may get on!.. Ability to Kick unruly players in accordance to server rules.. You can reserve/lockout server for private match play... You can change maps when I am not present.. You will never be kicked to make room! You can request to change to a certain map when I am on. You can offer/have web content published on MSCWARS Website. You will have recognition as an MSCWARS admin.. and published on MSCWARS site...

4) This 5$ a month service is good for one or 2 months at a time and can be stopped/started at any time!. You can opt to pay for up to 2 months (but no more then 2). privileges start immediately after payment is received. You can opt out or in (if sign up is not full) at any time and can always play on MSCWARS for free with no ill feelings. You will just not have the rights granted above.

5) You can receive a refund of up ot 2 months (if you paid 2 months advance) if a) you are unhappy with the service, b) If for some reason The server goes down for a long period of time I.E. a week. or the game hosting company goes out of business.

6) How to sign up.. Just post below you are interested and an email I can contact you at. People will be signed up.. in the following priority 1)Known, respectable and good players (skilled at snipering) 2)First come first serve.... If you are someone I never heard of or not skilled at sniping, or known to be a poor sport.. you will be kindly refused . (i'd rather have only 3 total signed up people then have people with rcon ability that didn't respect others or not skilled.. (yes I wan't to play skilled people.)

This is all of course preliminary.. I'll take sign up now.. but no money of course till the server is up and you ahve tried it out!. I hope to get stats running and ability to ban cheaters!..

fisty

Recruit

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 01:20 PM    
ill go for that. i think most everyone knows me. the fisty. lol.
my email is pseudoco@aol.com, and im eager to start sniping!
let me know the dilly. thanks.

-ff

PM   Top

HEAD SHOT

God Of Spam
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 02:21 PM    
YES I WILL LIKE TO CONTINUE WITH RCON TO IF YOU WOULD LIKE, NOT A PROB. LETME KNOW, I USE PAYPALL TOO.
THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS.
THANKS SNIPER.
H.S.

user posted image

PM Email Poster   Top

Royal Tenenbaum RT

Soldier
Member No.: 57

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 03:48 PM    
Paypal is perfect. Count me in if that's okay with you, X.

Seriously, thanks for the time, effort and $.
I'm gonna start hyperventilating if i don't get to shoot HEAD SHOT soon.

RT

wink73@hotmail.com

PM   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 04:08 PM    
Thanks guys.. Its good to have support and good players on! I really do miss the "old days" when my bandwith and server was "free". I hope my proposal is fair.. I (like most) am on an extremely tight budget. I really believe pay to play goes against the core of online gaiming. I apologize to the previous admins that had free Rcon.. I now just seek to make a fair balance between privilages, affordibility, and still have option of totaly free.

I still plan on having an MSCWARS clan "players who designate they represent the cream of the players on MSCWARS". I don't intend to have the clan players to be related to the pay/month players.. That is, MSC "Clan" tag requires nothing more then a regular player that is pretty good at sniping that would be willing to designate himself -=MSCW=- at casual matches I realize of course having slot for 8 will be limiting but 4 on 4 matches I think would still be very fun!

BTW I bought/tried Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Found the graphics/maps AWESOME!.. but then they fd up the game with cartoonish/hyper fast player movements.. no , people that can run 40 mph in a game is not good for snipering. lol... so as it stands MOH is still the best I have found for realism/snipering.. IMHO.

HEAD SHOT

God Of Spam
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 3 2002, 07:36 PM    
SAME HERE ROYAL, IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE YOU IN MY SCOPE AGAIN.....
I HAVE MISSED THE MSC GANG A LOT.
BY THE WAY SNIPER MY EMAIL IS AS FOLLOWS:
bannon@adelphia.net

ROYAL FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME TOO.

THANKS AGAIN
H.S.

user posted image

PM Email Poster   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 12:41 AM    
I talked to a system admin at the site that will host the new MSCWARS server. Everything looks like a go. and I plan to push foward.

About banning.. I have a way to ban people!!! there is a neat lil client program that can run client side (on your own computer your playing on) that can kick people automatically. in the background. Actually this is needed since the new hosting service will not allow a banning software (i used firewall in past) to reside server side. As you Know banning is A CRITICAL quality control issue to keep MSCWARS enjoyable.

I think you will like this even better.. with this lil program "autokick" each admin can have their own autokick running that has their own ability to ban players and have thier own configurable ban list. The program basically looks to a text file of offencers and checks periodicaly through rcon status command then kicks any banned people through an auto rcon clientkick command.. I know this will be helpful to the guys that ignore a kick and keep cpmming back..

Stats generation also looks like a go.. So I will be collecting stats and posting them on MSCWARS website.. of individual players info,, frags deaths and such..

Are you excited yet?? I am..

lysis

Recruit
Member No.: 86

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 01:31 AM    
i just went on "snipers test MSC" server... looks pretty good, ping around 65... didn't expect progress to move this fast!! and you've already checked out the banning program...

PM   Top

Stone

Forum Junkie
Group: Guests
Member No.: 36

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 02:25 AM    
Im Game.....If you all will take me....

jbrown@firststep.net

I also can use pay-pal......... Thanks

PM Email Poster   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 08:39 AM    
The snipers mscwars test server (now running) is NOT the actual server I will be using. It is just my home computer/home connection im using to test some banning software... Sorry about the confusion.. I will change the server title asap

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 10:02 AM    
I just sent in the order to game hosting service.. The new MSCWARS server has just been signed up for!.. Now sit tight.. and hopefully before too long well be up and good!.

HEAD SHOT

God Of Spam
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 10:39 AM    
THANKS SNIPER FOR YOUR HARD WORK.
I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS JUST THINKING OF SHOOTING YOU IN THE BACK AGAIN, I MEAN DULING IT OUT WITH YOU.(LOL)
IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN AND TO PLAY AGAINST GOOD AND HONORABLE SNIPERS.
SEE YOU ALL ON THE PLAYGROUND.....
H.S.

user posted image

PM Email Poster   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 03:20 PM    
I talked to a systems admin setting up my new MOH account.. he said it should be up 1 to 2 days... ~!!! This is good news to me..

fisty

Recruit

Posted: Jun 4 2002, 03:38 PM    
Yo X, i had an idea about your stats page. i did a little artwork and let headshot preview where i took a mug shot of a few players, framed it, and added the name of the MSC player below. i think it looks pretty good and it would go well as introducing whoever will be in the clan on the webpage. so far ive done myself, headshot and R.T. but i havent been able to get all the shots i need for everyone. its difficult enough chasing people around in spectator mode trying to take screen shots when they die. lol. anyways, if you wanna preview a couple, let me know where i can send.

fist

PM   Top

irdgumman1

Recruit
Member No.: 174

Posted: Jun 5 2002, 05:22 AM    
hope I have the opportunity to play with you again. I also want to just say hi to the rest of the great snipers H.S, ROYAL, FISTY, DUSDAR, AND CHICKO you all make this game great. thanks again sniper x for just being there
SHOOT YA LATER
the HIT MAN

PM   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 5 2002, 11:09 AM    
I got word back from my new game hosting server company.. THEY HAVE THE NEW MSCWARS SERVER installed!!.. I just sent payement ($75), they should be giving me info for rcon/ server access soon!.. by the time you read this MSCWARS may be running!!.. The name will be the same as before "SNIPERS MSCWARS dedicated"
Edited by: mlmorrison at: 6/5/02 12:07:37 pm

fisty

Recruit

Posted: Jun 5 2002, 01:08 PM    
hey, i have the server in my sights, however each time i try to connect, i get timed out. bah. hopefully i can test it out soon.. take it easy!

fist

PM   Top

Psycho Psomatic

Recruit
Member No.: 249

Posted: Jun 19 2002, 11:14 PM    
Sniper-x, man thats a great idea for pay and play with control of server. I hope I'm not being toward in saying I'd like to be apart of this. Pinged it with good results even from here in Ontario. Been a blast, keep up the great work! l8r dude! Nice to get in my two cents worth Psycho-Psomatic

PM   Top

Psycho Psomatic

Recruit
Member No.: 249

Posted: Jun 19 2002, 11:16 PM    
Sniper-x, man thats a great idea for pay and play with control of server. I hope I'm not being toward in saying I'd like to be apart of this. Pinged it with good results even from here in Ontario. Been a blast, keep up the great work! l8r dude! Nice to get in my two cents worth Psycho-Psomatic

PM   Top

MSC SniperX

Meep meep meep mep!
Contributing Member

Posted: Jun 20 2002, 09:04 AM    
This thread has been around awhile and is obsolete so I'll delete it soon to avoid any confusion.. All important info in this thread can be found in becomming an admin.

Pyscho, thanks for your support. MSCWARS will always be a free public server. The 5$ a month is for admin privialages and is also helping to pay for the server. The core of the concept is that the donation helps the server finaincialy but is not an actual co cost shared (much less). This means as admin you are not an equal partner but rather paying for Rcon privlages and contributing to the cause. My intention knowing this, is to give the admin's as many benifits to replace the rights of "co-server ownership" As you know the server is always full so i consider rcon and abilty to always play regardless a full server is worth the money. Since it's set up this way I try to be mindfull and keep things fair.

I set the cap at 5 admins so the server didn't become a boot fest where everyone is getting bumped to make room for admins. (no one would probably want to play on that kind of aserver)

I hope you can understand where I'm comming from .
Please check the admin roster on the main webpage periodicaly. As I tell the admins.. they are welcome to "drop" out of the admin program and return to regular free public access to MSCWARS with no hard feelings. If an admin ever chooses to drop out, I will open up a slot and you will see it posted on the webpage.

The admins are all good people, fair and honest. This is why they are admins. I know phsycho you would make a welcome addition to the admin family if we had room. ~~~Sniper-X~~~~

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0493 ]   [ 10 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]